Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Can't Believe It's Final Exam Time!

Hello, all!  Today I took my final exam for Español II the Intensive Course.  I think it went all right; I'll find out this weekend when they email us our grades.  The test today had five parts: written, oral, listening, comprehension, and grammar.  It was pretty difficult but I feel okay about it.

Tomorrow, however, is a completely different story.  Tomorrow is the CELU exam.  This is an internationally recognized exam to show how well you do in the Spanish language.  I've heard it's pretty difficult and honestly I don't intend to pass--I mean it'd be great if I do, but here's the thing: The CELU exam is after only one month here and they expect us to know everything BUT there's another CELU exam at the end of November after being here five months.  I hope to retake it in November when I actually have a chance of passing but as for tomorrow, all students in the program are required to take the CELU.

But!  As for tonight, I celebrate: I've made it through five hours/day, four days/week of one grammar-packed class.  To celebrate, I'll leave you all with these random images from my treks around the city:


The church behind the white building is Buen Pastor--the church we visited our first Saturday here.

After I was a model for Coca-Cola, the very next day I saw a real photo shoot taking place!

The Cathedral

The Cathedral

Sorry but I really have no idea what quote this is!!


And as a last parting gift, I'd like to share with you all something awesome.  This past weekend, Jordan, Nancy, and I went to an artisan festival which is held every weekend.  It was completely awesome and I will probably go almost every weekend.  It's a bunch of booths with handmade trinkets, clothes, instruments, food, you name it.  And they had this:


Needless to say, I'm in love with Argentina.
Goodnight!  And wish me luck on my CELU!

Un abrazo,
Jessica


1 comment:

  1. Great Video and the Cathedral is awesome! I'm so glad you are loving it there and experiencing life in Argentina and not just a tourist's view. Don't worry about the exams. I know, easy for me to say right?

    ReplyDelete