Monday, August 5, 2013

You Have Apple Pie Here?!

Last Tuesday, I had a meeting two hours after school to set up my classes for this coming semester here.  To pass the time, I decided to take some pictures of the city for you guys!

I stopped by a bookstore and bought my first spanish book!  I also enjoyed some torta de manzana (apple pie) with crumble topping--delicious!



They have pretty awesome benches of all different sorts in the parks here.  Check out that guy 
chillin' like a villain!

This was taken on top of a bridge.  The University is straight down that road maybe a quarter of a mile.  Behind me is the rest of the city.

Can't wait to get some awesome shots of this street at night!

And last but not least, Nancy and I were in un choque de colectivo (bus crash)!  Not to worry, no one was hurt.  Everyone had to get off the bus and wait for another bus to come.

3 comments:

  1. Love the Harry Potter book! I hope you are having the time of your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As I'm reading, I circle all the words I don't know....which regrettably is a lot per page, but hopefully by the end of the semester, I'll have a much more enhanced vocabulary!

      Delete
  2. Apple pie, huh? That alone is an omen that you are where you are supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete