Monday, August 5, 2013

Mi Casa es Su Casa

Sorry I haven't written in over a week!  It's been one heck of a week--I've been very busy trying to get my residence papers taken care of.  So far I've been to the migraciones office four times and have not gotten anything completed.  *Sigh*  Welcome to Argentina, I suppose.

Nah, the people here are totally amazing.  I honestly have yet to meet a mean person.  I'm serious!  Everyone here is so nice and helpful!  Sure there are the people who are a little short or gruff (the bus drivers) but other than that, everyone here is amazing.

As promised--better late than never--here is a post about our house here!  I'll do my best to explain the layout.

The outside front of our house--view from the street.
The door to the left goes into the front room.  Nancy and I usually enter through the garage which is to the far right.


The garage and our room.
Once you enter the garage and turn around, this is what you see.  Our room is up the stairs and to the left where the large window is.

They're pretty awesome stairs.

There's a little walkway at the top of the stairs.  If you notice, the curtains are on the outside of the window.  For this, there is a small ledge outside the window on which you stand and hook the curtains on nails which are on the wall at the top of the window.

Inside the door at the top of the stairs there are three doors: one to the left (our room), one straight ahead (the bathroom), and one to the right (Yaco's room).  

Nancy's side of our room.
The panels at the left of the picture are three pieces of fabric which Gabi strung from the ceiling to the floor in order to kind of split the room in two for a bit of privacy.  She's super crafty and creative like that.

My side of the room.
Nancy and I will be switching sides at some point during the semester.

In our bathroom as well as the one downstairs, the shower becomes the whole room; there's a drain in the floor and just take a shower using the whole room to dance around in.  Nah just kidding.  Who does that?  .....

This picture is taken from inside the garage.  At the right of the picture, behind the tree, is a small yard, a patio area, and Gabi's workshop where she creates plush dolls and costumes for the theatre.  At the right side of the yellow part of the house there is are double sliding doors which lead into the kitchen.
  
The Kitchen
And there's Bordura, one of the two dogs here.  The other dog, Prima, is her sister.
The doorway seen here leads into the front room.

The kitchen taken from the front room.

The front room taken from the front entrance.
Gabi sleeps on the bed there and not pictured to the right is a 
laundry room and bathroom.

The front room taken from the kitchen.

The yard taken from the kitchen.
Those double doors lead to Gabi's workshop.

The patio area.
Also known as the most chill place to have guests over.
This door also leads to Gabi's workshop.

Totally awesome and comfortable.

A back view of the house.
So cheerful!  I love that it's yellow.

I hope you have enjoyed your mini tour of our awesome house here!  I love living here--great people and a great environment.

Un beso!
Jessica

1 comment:

  1. I love this place! It looks so you Jessica. I'm happy you have a warm, inviting, and cheery place to stay. And a great host mother and brother and roommate!

    Love you
    Mama

    ReplyDelete